Understanding consumers and their preferences is crucial for competitive businesses. Learn about commonly used methods to analyse consumer test data, the way to interpret results and to communicate them with insightful graphical summaries.
Analysis of Consumer Test Data
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able :
- To understand and choose between the different statistical tests adapted for a given questionnaire
- Choose the most appropriate statistical method for data analysis
- Perform the analysis using their own software
- Extract the pertinent or relevant information from the output provided by the software
- To read and interpret numeric and graphical software output
- To report and communicate the results of the analyses
This session is intended for anyone who analyses consumer test data and/or who wishes to better understand the results provided by marketing firms.
Knowledge of basic principles of descriptive analysis is recommended.
- Exploratory Statistics
- Statistical Hypothesis Testing
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Rank-Based Methods
- Preference between Two Products
- Multiple Comparison Tests
- Ranking based upon Preference
- Linking Demographics to Preference Data
- Additional Questions for Further Study of Preferences
Recommended Course Duration: 1 day